April 15, 2009

Easter Weekend

We had a great Easter holiday this year. We kicked it off with the Primary Easter Party the Wednesday before Easter. I didn't get any pics, since I was running around helping all the kids. We had a speaker, did two crafts, played a game, listened to stories, and ended with the egg hunt. This was round one of the candy.

Then, the boys got a special package in the mail. My mom had an Easter basket delivered for them! They were so excited to open it, and immediately started to eat the chocolate inside. That was round two of the candy.

Saturday we decided to color some hard boiled eggs. The boys don't like them, but Ben and I sure do! We let the kids make them, and then we ate them! Round three.

Sunday we started off with church where all the kids in Jr. Primary started to tell me about the Eater Bunny and all the stuff they got. Wow, that is exactly the message I was going for. After 5 minutes of excited chatter, we actually got to give them a great spiritual message about why we really celebrate Easter. While we were in our meeting, Ben snuck home to help out the Bunny.

When the kids got home, they were so excited to see their baskets, and headed downstairs for the hunt. They both found tons of eggs and immediately began to gorge on all the candy. That was round four.

Later that afternoon we headed to Ben's parents' house for a great dinner. The weather was gorgeous, so we had another egg hunt outside. The kids got eggs full of fruit snacks (awesome alternative to chocolate!!!) That was round five.

I am not even going to talk about how much candy is still in our house, but needless to say, this is not a great holiday to have right before bathing suit season! Hope you all had more self-restraint than I did!




Here are the boys opening the basket they got in the mail from Grandma:

B making some beautiful eggs for mom and dad to eat:

Christopher was not impressed with coloring eggs, and decided it was more fun to "squish" them:


B coming home from church to start his egg hunt:




After finding his eggs, Christopher immediately started shoving candy in his mouth. Within seconds, he was drooling chocolate down the front of his church shirt. I asked him if I could take his shirt off, and he said with a mouth full of chocolate, "Yeah, mommy. Take off da shirt." Now that is how a little boy really gets into candy!


The boys finding eggs at Nanny and Poppa's house:
















3 comments:

Cansas said...

Looks like fun. Gavin loved the hide and seek egg!!

Danielle said...

So cute! I'm glad that the kids enjoy candy as much as they rightfully should. :)

Anonymous said...

yeah, i hear you on the candy situation. i love b in his sunglasses.