March 4, 2010

Conversations to Remember

It seems like my boys are just on a silly streak lately. I don't know why, but my kids keep cracking me up. Here are some of their latest gems:

B: "Mommy, Christopher has my toy and I want it!"

Me: "B, you weren't even playing with it, and besides, you still need to finish cleaning your room and doing your homework."

B: "But mom, I would be playing with it if I didn't have so much hard work to do!"

Ben and I: Busting up with laughter. Yeah, life is rough kid.

The Skeleton Saga

CJ: (said during nightly prayers) "We grateful for skeletons and the scary darkness...."

Me: "Cj, why are you praying for skeletons? We don't pray for things like that. We pray about things we are grateful for, and the things that make us happy. Why are you grateful for skeletons?"

CJ: "Because they make me happy."


Me: (the next night) "Cj, lets talk about what we pray for. We say "we're grateful" for the things that make us happy. What are you happy for?

CJ: "Daddy"

Me: "Okay. Then we ask Heavenly Father for the things we need."

CJ: (said during his prayer) "...we grateful for Daddy because he needs things....and we are grateful for 1 skeleton, and 2 skeletons, and 3 skeletons, and all the skeletons.

Me: "I thought we weren't going to pray for skeletons anymore."


CJ: (said the next day at the dinner prayer) "..and please bless that I can not talk about skeletons..." "Hey mommy, I didn't pray for skeletons anymore!"

Me: (seriously trying not to laugh) "Okay, thanks buddy."

CJ: (said during nightime prayers) "..and we please bless that we will not pray about skeletons anymore..."



B: (said during the dinner prayer the next day) "And please bless that Christopher will not talk about skeletons anymore during the prayer"

Me: No comment, because my head is on the table because I am laughing so hard. We have now been praying about skeletons for 4 days now.



Cj: "Mommy, it's nice to have friends"
Me: "Yes, it is!"
CJ: "Are you my friend mommy?"
Me: "Yes, I am buddy."
CJ: "Thank you for being my friend."
Me: "Your Welcome. I love you." (this totally makes up for 4 days of skeleton prayers)



B: (said during lunch time) "Christopher, you are a chunky monkey!"
CJ: "No I NOT! I a boy!"
Me: "Christopher, B is not trying to be mean, he is giving you a nickname."
CJ: "My name is Christopher"
Me: "No, a nickname is like a funny name. Like I call B, "B-tow Burrito" Do you want us to call you CJ?
CJ: "Yeah, mommy! That can be my monkey name!"


This last one is not exactly a conversation, but it had me rolling with laughter.
Christopher has a tendancy to wake up a few times a night, and come into our bedroom. He likes to see if we are asleep yet, so he can get his pillow and climb into our bed with us. On one particular night, he had come in a few times, and we kept taking him back to bed, and told him not to come out of his room anymore. Ben was falling asleep, and I was finishing watching American Idol from the DVR. At one point, I noticed the door open a tiny crack. Then I could vaguely see the outline of a small child behind the door. I said, "Christopher, what are you doing?" The door slowly creaks open, and he strolls in very slowly wearing a pair of sunglasses. I immediately hid under the covers to hide my laughter. Ben asks him, "Buddy, what are you doing out of bed again?" Christopher slowly slides the glasses up from his eyes and puts them on his head and replies, "I was just coming to see if you were asleep." Maybe he thought the sunglasses would help him see us sleeping?

8 comments:

Heather said...

Kids are so funny. What would we do without them?!

Carrie said...

I love your kids!! They're hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I love kids! They are so sweet and say the most funny things.

Amanda said...

I love to hear little kids praying. There is nothing better than to hear what is on their minds!

Danielle said...

Adorable! It's awesome you've got them documented on your blog - you'll keep laughing about them. I love that he loves skeletons. Fantastic!

ksleightfam said...

That is sooo funny!! I loved reading those, how funny your boys are!!!

Cansas said...

CUTE!! Christopher cracks me up:)

Betsy said...

OH my gosh! Your kids have the cutest personalities! I have got to meet them.