November 22, 2008

Twilight

So I was a little (okay, a lot) excited to see the Twilight movie. I am one of those people who totally loved the books, and I have been scouting the Internet weekly to get my vampire fix. Well, I got a group of girlfriends together to see the movie last night. I LOVED IT!!! It has been about a year since I read the book, so I had a hard time remembering what got left out, and what events happen in the second book, but I was pleased with how it turned out. There has been a lot of criticism online of the movie, so I will put two complaints to rest. One: some complain that the dialogue is cheesy. Well, the characters are teenagers! They aren't going to be spouting Shakespear. Second: There is criticism that Robert Patterson who plays Edward is not attractive. Well, I don't know what they did to the lighting and camera angles, but he looks pretty darn attractive in the movie! All in all, I left the movie wanting to see it again. Anyone want to go?

5 comments:

Betsy said...

I'm glad you liked the movie.I have to admit- I am probably the only person in the USA who has NOT read the books, and I'm not going to. My reasoing: too many people are telling me to do it, and I won't succumb to peer pressure! Get off my back already, people! I love myself some vampires, but I'm not reading those books! LOL I will probably see the movie- but it will be against my will!

Halerie Cleveland Throsen said...

You can count on me to go with you to see "Twilight" again! I've went to see it on last Sat., Nov. 22nd and I really LOVED that movie! I can't wait for the sequeal movies to come out in the future! :D

Heather said...

It makes me sad when I read your blog because I miss living by you guys. I have met new friends in each place we have moved to, but it just is not the same! I have not seen the movie yet, but I can't wait to see it! Talk to ya soon!

Bryce said...

I just saw Twilight last night, and it wasn't too bad! I had heard such bad things, and so had pretty low expectations. I ended up really enjoying myself. All I can say is that if I had been a little younger when this stuff came out, it would be my WHOLE life! :)

Chris, Elyse & Kaitlyn Harris said...

I will go with you again!!! I went the same night you did!! LOVED IT! But we should go before this baby decides to make her debut!