September 8, 2008

Gifts from Ben

So with Ben's new position at work, he has to travel quite a bit. He is gone about one week of every month. This month his trip is to England. He left on Saturday morning, and won't be home until this coming Saturday. To make it even worse, the 7 hour time difference makes it hard for us to call and keep in touch. Since our cell phones don't call internationally, I have to wait for him to call once a day from his hotel. I think he knew that this trip would be hard on all of us, so today he sent me a great surprise-flowers! Take a look at the sweet gift he sent me:



I was on the phone with Alisha when the delivery man brought them, and when I answered the door, I said "Oh look what my cute husband sent me!" This is the conversation I had with B immediately after I hung up the phone:

B - "Mommy, why did that man give you flowers?"
Me - "Because Daddy sent them to me."
B- "But I thought you said your husband gave them to you."
Me - "Yes B, Daddy is my husband."
B - "And that guy is Daddy's friend?"
Me - "Uh, yeah, sure."
B - "Mommy, why did Daddy's friend give you flowers?"
Me - "Let's try this again...."


Ben also didn't want the boys to be left out, so he sent them cute cards in the mail. They are talking cards, so the boys love to open and close them all the time to hear the funny message inside. B's card has a reference to "kung-fu" So he makes sure to do his karate moves when the card is talking. Christopher's card sings a funny song, which he has memorized and runs around the house singing!

Thanks for the presents Daddy-we miss you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a sweet husband! i just love when you post those conversations with B. they crack me up!

Danielle said...

That is so adorable! I also love your conversation with B. Kids take things so literally!

Cansas said...

How cute! It seems like Ben was just barely gone...I guess three weeks goes by pretty fast. You're a trooper.

Ryan and Alisha said...

Those are so pretty. That was so sweet of him. B is so cute. Kids really do say the darndest things!