

So we knew that for B's fourth birthday we wanted to get him a bike. With the weather turning nice, we thought it would be a good idea to go and get him one before they were hard to come by. So, on Friday night we went to Wal-mart to find him a bike. He got on a few and tried them all out, and we ended up getting a little red Huffy for him. He liked it because there is a picture of a rocket on it, and it is red "like spiderman." B also picked out a blue helmet with spiders on it. So Saturday morning, after I got back from a baptism, B was running around the house in his jammies with the helmet on. We just couldn't stand his excitement, so he got to ride his new big boy bike on Saturday. Mom and Dad spent the day cleaning out the garage and weeding and cleaning the yard, while B was yelling "look at me, I'm doing it!" or, "I need a push." The bike is still a little big for him, but at least he won't outgrow it by the end of summer. By the end of the day, he was exhausted and slept great! (another advantage to having a big boy bike) The only downside of the day was that Mom and B got sunburns. I didn't even think about sunscreen, since we were all wearing pants and long sleeve shirts, but B got burned on the back of his neck, on his ears, and on his cheeks. Since he wore his sunglasses all day, he looked like he had spent a day skiing. I got burned on the back of my neck, on my hands, and I now have a permanent flip-flop line. What a way to kick off the summer time!

4 comments:
Looks like a great weekend. We spent the day in Salt Lake, mostly inside unfortunately. Too bad about the sunburns. They are no fun, but I guess you've got it over with for the year and now you won't forget the sunscreen.
Hey there neighbor. I found your blog through Cherie. Your family is so adorable. I admire you so much, you are great with the Primary kids. Well, hopefully this summer when can get to know each other a little better. sheena
Love the bike and the sunshine! We bought Holton a bike for Christmas two years ago and the dang child still doesnt know how to ride the thing. Jace is so close to getting it, Holton not so much.
Awesome! By the way, I love your new format - it's super cute!
Post a Comment